The Wyngate Elementary School FLL Program is a volunteer program and is only possible because of generous donations of our community. If you would like to see this program grow please consider doing one of the following:
- Volunteer time to help manage the team – Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested
- Donate LEGO kits – Please email email@example.com if interested
Donate funds so the team can use to purchase additional supplies. Please send checks made out to Wyngate Elementary School: Robotics and mail them to Wyngate Elementary School 9300 Wadsworth Dr, Bethesda, MD 20817. If you have any questions, please contact admin@WyngateFLL.org
What is the time commitment?
As a coach or volunteer, you should be meeting with your team once per week during the build and competition season (August – April). Many mature teams also meet throughout the school year, and some compete in off-season events during the summer. You, your family, and your available free time can decide together how much time you can devote to the program.
The team is planning to host two meetings a week Tuesdays and Thursday from 4 to 5pm from the start of school to the end of out competition season. The team is planning to host two meetings a week Tuesdays and Friday from 3:30 to 5pm from the start of school to the end of out competition season.
Any special skills required?
The really cool thing about FIRST LEGO League is…all skill levels are welcomed and needed, technical or non-technical. Teas need all kinds of skills and creativity to succeed, so what are you good at? Chances are we have a job for you. And we’ll probably teach you a few new ones while you’re with us.
The most successful coaches are people with at least an interest in science and technology, and in helping kids discover and learn. But we can’t emphasize enough that no special technical skills are required. Anyone who wants to be a coach will receive all the training and help they need.
What LEGOs do we need?
The team needs several lego kits to keep many kids involved in building, please consider donating one ore more of the following kits to the team.
- LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 Core Set 5003400
- LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Expansion Set 45560
- LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 31313
- EV3 Cable Pack 45514
- 42070: 6×6 All Terrain Tow Truck (for primarily blue Technics pieces)
- 42042: Crawler Crane (for primarily blue Technics pieces)
- 42100-1: Liebherr R 9800 (for the white and pneumatic pieces)
Each year the team will attend at least two events along with hundreds of other families from the DC Metro area. In addition the team will maintain a blog with images of our team at various events and practicing at Wyngate throughout the year. Please consider sponsoring the team at one of the following levels to help make this opportunity available to as many students as possible. Sponsorship can be made via checks made out to Wyngate Elementary School: Robotics and mail them to Wyngate Elementary School 9300 Wadsworth Dr, Bethesda, MD 20817. If you have any questions, please contact admin@WyngateFLL.org
$200 – Sponsor a team member for a year
- Includes t-shirts, snacks and challenge guide for one team member for a year.
- Team Member Sponsors will get their name on the team t-shirt and be listed on the team web page.
- There are 20 member Sponsors slots available per year
$400 – Sponsor a event
- Each event that team attends requires a registration fee, a tri-fold presentation board and other materials. Sponsoring at this level helps the team attend multiple events per season and purchase the materials needed to be successful.
- Event Sponsors will get their name on the team t-shirt, be listed on the team web page, and a team signed team photo
- There are 6 Event Sponsors slots available per year
$600 – Sponsor a LEGO kit
- Allows the team to purchase an additional EV3 LEGO and expansion mindstorm kit. One EV3 LEGO kit is needed for every three kids on the team. The more kits we have, the more kids we can include in the program.
- Kit Sponsors will get their logo or a brief message on the team t-shirt, logo or a brief message listed on the team web page, a team signed team photo
- There are 6 KIT Sponsors slots available per year
$1,000 – Sponsor a Team
- Allows the team to pay for team registration, a challenge kit and build an FLL table.
- Team Sponsors will get their logo or a brief message on the team t-shirt, logo or a brief message listed on the team web page, a team signed team photo, their logo (sticker) on the team’s FLL tables, their logo (sticker) on the team laptop and be included in the team name for announcements at tournaments.
- There are 2 Team Sponsor slots available per year
Please contact admin@WyngateFLL.org if you have any questions